Sunday, June 12, 2011

Death Cab For Cutie - The Ice Is Getting Thinner

Well this is going to be my random band post..and something else.




This is death cab for cutie and i havent heard a ton of their stuff..but what i have heard, i love!!




These lyrics are amazing. They also quite accuratly describe the last few months of my life....crazy weird. Ironically enough, i heard this song becuase the person that this involves..posted it on fb. So i have no idea if they are trying to tell me something or not, or if its completly coincidentle. Either way..here ya go.




The ice is getting thinner-death cab for cutie




We're not the same, dear, as we used to be


the seasons have changed and so have we


there was little we could say and even less that we could do


to stop the ice from getting thinner under me and you




we buried our love in the wintery grave


a lump in the snow was all that remained


but we stayed by its side, as the days turned to weeks


and the ice kept getting thinner with every word that we'd speak




when the spring arrived, we were taken by surprise


when the flows under our feet led into the sea


and nothing was left of you and me




we're not the same dear it seems to me


there's nowhere we can go with nothing underneath


then it saddens me to say what we both knew were true


that the ice was getting thinner under me and you









The ice was getting thinner under me and you.....

No comments:

Post a Comment